When a theologian and a geneticist meet, our society’s fundamentals are under discussion. That is what happened at the tenth ACADEMIA SUPERIOR DIALOGUE, when Paul M. Zulehner – a Europe-wide renown theologian and social scientist – and Markus Hengstschläger set out to talk about „Anything, everything and God”.
They discussed all the main matters currently stirring up (not only) the Catholic Church:
- Celibacy (the end of which could be near)
- Euthanasia (freedom of decision: yes, but it’s not that easy)
- Women priests (it’s not yet time, but a matter of time)
- Marriage, divorce and gay marriage (Love comes in all shapes and sizes.)
- Bioethics (Gene therapy to eliminate harmful genetic mutations and diseases is a sensitive topic, but it is a good thing if it is able to spare people pain.)
- Fundamentalism in Islam (Nothing harms religion more than its unholy alliance with violence. We must not pretend that Catholicism never had anything similar to what happens now in Islam in its past.)